Frequently Asked Questions
- Are roll up garage doors good?
When choosing a door for your commercial space, you have several options to select from. The type you choose will depend mostly on what and how it’s used, as well as its location. If you are planning to utilize it for your retail or business facility or a place where security is a high priority, a roll up garage door is the most viable option.
Here are some of the advantages these types are known for:
- Take up less space
- Increased safety
- Less maintenance
- Greater durability
- Temperature insulator
- Enhanced curb appeal
Ultimately, the decision will come down to what your specific needs are. Be sure to contact our experts for a consultation to find the best commercial door for your property in San Diego.
- How much do steel roll up & overhead doors cost?
No matter the type of business you run, whether it’s retail, storage, or sales, a high-quality commercial garage door is essential for securing your property, enhancing its curb appeal, and avoiding any safety hazards. There are several factors that can affect the cost of your door of choice
- Size: the bigger the door, the more it will cost.
- Type: a regular one will cost less than a steel roll up or overhead type.
- Materials: these types of doors are usually made from steel or aluminum and are a dependable and durable option.
Our specialists are at your disposal for all inquiries regarding the type that suits your needs and budget. While there is a wide range of options to choose from, we will do all that is necessary to have your door up and running smoothly. Our team renders swift installations and extensive commercial door repair in San Diego and across the region. Book your appointment today.
- What are high speed garage doors?
As the name suggests, high speed doors are ultrafast and highly responsive, offering an upgraded level of performance that maximizes productivity. In addition, these types highlight safety and come in a variety of materials, from rubber to metal and steel.
High speed garage doors are engineered to minimize temperature changes and avoid heat loss in your place of business. Here at our company, you will find customized fast-acting systems to reduce daily wear and tear, save on energy, and keep your business running smoothly.
- What is a rolling grille door?
Most commonly used in shopping malls and other retail and commercial spaces, rolling grille doors offer business owners an added layer of security with an open air functionality and a beautiful aluminum curtain. They are also used to indicate that a store is closed and allow for easy access for workers and owners.
Here at our company, we offer a broad range of all types of commercial roll up doors for businesses, schools, convention centers, and garages.
- What is the standard size of a loading dock door?
While typically the common size of a loading dock door is around 8 ft in width and 9 feet in height, there is no standard size. Instead, each business has its own specifications that determine the size of the doors. Here at Radford, you can customize the size of the dock as well as the loading dock levelers to fit your requirements.
- What is the difference between self-storage and mini storage doors?
The concept of self-storage has been around since the 1960s. If you’re looking for a self-storage door for your facility in San Diego but keep seeing the term mini-storage, you may be wondering what separates one from the other. In fact, both terms are used interchangeably today.
- What is the difference between residential and commercial garage doors?
Most people can discern between a residential garage door and one that is used for a commercial property. While people typically assume that due to their robustness, commercial ones are more durable and long-lasting, this isn’t necessarily the case. In fact, in terms of quality, there isn’t too big of a difference between the two.
However, some traits set them apart:
- Appearance: Homeowners typically opt to customize their doors to have a more aesthetically pleasing effect. On the other hand, businesses put more emphasis on safety rather than style.
- Size: One of the most glaring differences between the two is the height and width of the door. While the standard for residential doors is around seven feet high and around nine feet wide, the ones for commercial spaces vary and depend on the type of business.
- Materials: Depending on the climate, style, and tastes of the homeowners, they have a broad range of materials to choose from. Wood is a definite curb appeal booster, while steel lasts longer. Businesses prioritize safety, durability, and longevity, which is why most commercial garage doors in San Diego are made of steel or aluminum.
- What is the go-to company for commercial roll up garage doors in San Diego, CA?
Radford Garage Doors & Gates of San Diego are trustworthy specialists for commercial roll up doors across San Diego. We take steps to amplify your space with perfectly constructed doors and offer tailored design and a wide array of styles and materials. So whether you need a high-performing door for your retail store in La Jolla or another part of San Diego County, rest assured you’ve got the finest experts on the case.
With nearly eight decades in the industry, you can rely on us to render professional-grade garage door installations and conduct proficient and swift garage door repair in San Diego and the region. Reach out to our team today to enhance the functionality and appeal of your business!