Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to replace my entire garage door if only a part is damaged?
Whether a single part or section of the door can be replaced depends on whether the parts are still in production and available. Consider whether the garage door is in good enough shape to warrant a repair or if it makes more sense to replace the entire system.
Get in touch with Radford Garage Doors & Gates of San Diego for an on-site assessment of the damage and to find the best solution for your home in Solana Beach.
- Is it safe for me to repair my own garage door spring?
The spring system is complex and engineered to lift heavy doors, and any wrong or sudden movement can cause bodily harm to an inexperienced person. To ensure your safety, these types of repairs are best left to qualified professionals.
Our team has 75 years of experience in different types of garage door repairs in Solana Beach and is highly capable of taking care of all issues you may face.
- What type of garage door repair can I do on my own?
Even though most repairs should be outsourced to a professional, there are certain door issues you can handle yourself. These include:
- Hinges and bolts: If small parts are loose or have come off, you may replace or tighten the door hardware.
- Changes in temperature: Weather conditions can cause hinges or nuts to change form, so a little elbow grease to tighten things will do the trick.
- Regular maintenance: Upkeep of your garage is important, and one of the easiest ways to remedy constant friction between the mechanical parts of the doors is with a simple lube job.
- Weather seal: If you see light coming from under the door or water on the inside of the garage after rain, it might be time to replace the weather seal.
For more pressing issues you may face such as a broken spring or motor repair, calling the best pros in Solana Beach is your safest bet.
- Does a garage door need regular maintenance?
A typical garage door has many moving parts that are subject to regular wear and tear. Having a professional take a look at your door every six months is recommended to prevent damage and extend the durability and longevity of the entire system.
Our experts are available 24/7 to assist you with complex garage door repair, as well as regular maintenance of the door system.
- Where can I find a dependable garage door repair service near me in Solana Beach?
With over 75 years in the industry, our experts have seen and done it all. From taking care of broken cables and springs to bent tracks and hardware overhauls, we provide efficient and meticulous garage door repair across San Diego. Reach out to our highly-skilled garage door repair specialists in Fairbanks Ranch, rely on our experts in methodical and thorough door repairs in Rancho Santa Fe, or seek our assistance in the nearby communities.