Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I repair or replace my garage door?
The decision to repair or replace a garage door depends on several factors, including the age of the door, the extent of the damage, and the cost of the repair. If the garage door is old with severely damaged functionality and if the repair service would cost more than half of the price of a new door in San Diego, a replacement might be the better choice. In terms of the extent of the damage, consider the following:
- Minor damage: if the damage is merely cosmetic and doesn’t affect the door’s structural integrity and functionality, a repair would usually be the better option. This may include fading or chipped paint, cracks in the door, and similar types of damage.
- Moderate damage: however, the garage door damage isn’t always just cosmetic. If the structural integrity is also impaired, it may be a bit more difficult to decide whether to have it repaired or replaced. Many damaged door elements, such as panels, torsion springs, and sensors, can be easily replaced, but if the total cost builds up to be more than the price of a new door, consider getting a replacement.
- Serious damage: You may have to get a new door if your old one is damaged to such an extent that it will no longer open and close properly, continually gets stuck, makes squealing noises, or works inconsistently. Just make sure to consult experts on garage door repair before you decide, as the problem may be easier to fix than it looks.
- How long do garage door springs usually last?
A typical garage door spring, if properly installed, can last through approximately 10,000 opening and closing cycles. To illustrate this, you may need to hire professionals in broken spring garage door repair after about 14 years if you open and close your garage once a day. Make sure to contact Radford Garage Doors & Gates if you suspect you may need a spring repair or replacement.
- How do I know if my garage door motor is bad?
Not sure whether you need garage door motor repair in San Diego or not? Look out for the following signs:
- The door opener vibrates: have you noticed that your opener vibrates when you use the garage door? This may be a sign of a faulty motor vibrating inside the housing. The garage door opener may even seem to be coming loose from its mounting point, which is a problem you shouldn’t ignore as it may break free and damage your vehicle.
- The door opener makes too much noise: if the garage door opener makes strange noises or is too loud during operation, the motor may be old or faulty. Look out for squeaking, clanking, or creaking noises and call reliable repair technicians to have your garage door opener and motor inspected.
- The door opens too slowly: a malfunctioning motor can cause your garage door to open sluggishly as it may struggle to pull the door weight. If this is the case, you may need to have the motor replaced.
- You can’t open your garage door: while there are several different reasons why your door might not open, a burnt or old motor may be to blame. Call your go-to repair technicians to determine the exact cause of the problem.
- How much should a garage door repair cost?
The cost of a commercial or residential garage door repair service can vary depending on several factors:
- The company you choose
- The extent of the damage
- The cost of any replacement parts that may be needed
- The labor needed to perform the repair
At Radford Garage Doors & Gates of San Diego, we offer expert garage door repair services at affordable prices across the area. We can also give you a quick estimate for your service, so make sure to contact us via phone or our website.
- Who should I hire for a reliable garage door repair service in San Diego?
At Radford Garage Doors & Gates, we offer top-rated garage door installation and repair services across San Diego County. You can rely on us to provide you with a wide range of garage door styles and repair solutions whether you live near Old Town or anywhere else in the area. In fact, we are your go-to experts for garage door repair in Carlsbad, efficient garage door motor repair in Encinitas, affordable garage door spring repair in Del Mar, and many other services. Contact us today and get a free estimate!