Frequently Asked Questions
- Is a new Mediterranean or Spanish style garage door a good investment?
A well-made garage door can be a wonderful architectural accent as well as a welcome boost in the functionality of your home. Here are a few reasons why investing in a new garage door is a great idea:
- Elevated style: Classy Santa Barbara, French Country, Tuscan, Spanish or Mediterranean garage doors will boost the curb appeal of your home in Coronado, Encinitas, Solana Beach, or the vicinity.
- Better insulation: With premium insulation features available, a new garage door is the perfect choice for a more energy-efficient and convenient lifestyle.
- Added security: Feel completely at ease at home, knowing that your doors are equipped with dependable, top-of-the-line protective features.
- Enhanced practicality: Modern conveniences, like app-controlled garage door openers with a backup battery can optimize the use of your garage.
Contact Radford Garage Doors & Gates of San Diego to gain access to the exclusive features of our garage door designs.
- What should I look for when buying a new garage door?
Here are a few key factors to consider when you’re shopping for a new garage door:
- Security features, like first-rate automatic door openers
- Material, which may be wood, composite wood, steel, aluminum, fiberglass, etc.
- Craftsmanship, because this accent piece will be one of the most recognizable features of your home
- Style, which will ideally match the overall look you’re going for throughout the property
- Price, which matches the budget that’s currently at your disposal
Feel free to share your vision with the specialists at Radford Garage Doors & Gates of San Diego and we’ll work out a solution that suits your needs and taste. Whether you’re going for Spanish style garage doors or a clean-lined modern design, we’ll deliver premium quality and top-tier functionality.
- Do front doors and garage doors have to match?
Front doors and garage doors are some of the most noticeable aspects of your home, so make your choice of these architectural elements cautiously. If they don’t complement each other, these centerpieces will stick out like a sore thumb.
Although they don’t have to come from the same line or brand, it is strongly recommended to tie them in with each other and the rest of the home. The material, color, and style of both doors should be harmonious.
As an example, let’s say that your home in Del Mar Heights or La Jolla is built in a style evocative of the architectural traditions of Southern Europe. If this is the case, Mediterranean, Santa Barbara, Tuscan, provincial, French Country or Spanish style garage doors should be your top pick. Browse the Old World collection offered by Radford Garage Doors & Gates of San Diego to explore top quality options in these styles.
- What do Mediterranean style garage doors look like?
Mediterranean style doors are made to evoke the spirit of the Mediterranean coast. These doors are built from quality wood, such as Clear Western Red Cedar, Mahogany, Ipe, Oak, or others. They are typically massive and crafted in various decorative designs. They commonly feature ornamental forged iron hardware.
At Radford Garage Doors & Gates of San Diego, our trained professionals will gladly help you choose the right features for your stylish Mediterranean-inspired garage door. Thanks to our extensive experience and vast knowledge, we can tailor any design to bring a dash of the Mediterranean into your home in Poway, Del Mar, Rancho Santa Fe, or the surrounding region.
- Are French Country garage doors worth it?
Absolutely. Our French Country garage doors combine natural materials, including reclaimed wood, wood-distressed species, and rustic iron hardware using traditional French craftsmanship passed down from generation to generation. There are a variety of French architectural door styles available, from French Chateau to French Provincial. As a result, you get a rustic, warm, and timeless look for your home or place of business.
Due to the fact that garage doors make up a significant portion of your exterior surface area, it’s no surprise they have an enormous impact on the aesthetics of your property. Plus, garage doors can be incredibly valuable if they match your home or business property’s style.
- Why choose Tuscan garage doors?
You can enhance the beauty and add personality to your property by installing Tuscan garage doors. Inspired by Tuscany’s distinctive setting, they come with an array of customization options – from arched and square tops, with v-grooves and distressed finishes, all the way to intricate window patterns. It’s our goal to create a garage door that complements your San Diego property.
- How much do Santa Barbara style garage doors cost?
Despite its high cost, wood is a great investment compared to some budget-friendly materials like steel. There are a number of factors that determine the final cost, including the size, type, and additional features of the door. For an accurate quote on Santa Barbara style garage doors, feel free to give us a call or fill out our online form or give us a call.
- Who builds provincial Mediterranean, Tuscan, French Country, Santa Barbara & Spanish style garage doors in San Diego?
Radford Garage Doors & Gates of San Diego is an award-winning supplier of first-rate garage doors and gates near you, operating across the San Diego region, including Carlsbad, Coronado, Fairbanks Ranch, La Jolla, Poway and other areas nearby. Our savvy garage door experts combine state-of-the-art construction and breathtaking design to bring you lasting garage door solutions.
Apart from producing stunning French Country, Tuscan, Mediterranean, and Spanish garage doors, our team can also craft modern garage door styles, premium custom wood garage doors, sleek mid-century modern garage door designs, and other luxe garage door options across San Diego
Get in touch with us today to enhance the look and feel of your property!
9185 Chesapeake Dr.
San Diego, CA 92123